The New York Knicks pulled out a gutsy 116-114 win over the Hawks on Wednesday, the second time they've won in Atlanta this season. Jalen Brunson didn't score in the second quarter but came alive down the stretch to help secure the victory.
In another game without RJ Barrett, New York improved to 6-5 to stay above .500. The Knicks are in a solid position entering Friday's In-Season Tournament game in D.C., but their injury report is concerning. Barrett missed his second straight game with a migraine (subscription required), while Quentin Grimes left the game in Atlanta with a hand injury and didn't return.
Grimes went straight back to the locker room and was seen grimacing in pain while walking down the hallway.
As for another young New York guard, Immanuel Quickley had a solid game, scoring 20 points on 6-of-11 shooting from the field. He helped to hold Trae Young to 15 points on 4-of-12 shooting from the floor.
Dominique Wilkins, a former Hawks player and current analyst for Bally Sports, said that Quickley couldn't guard Young. The numbers don't lie!
More Knicks news
- Mark Jackson was expected to fill in for Clyde Frazier during select New York road games, but Leon Rose stepped in to prevent that from happening.
- According to The Athletic's Shams Charania, the Bulls and Zach LaVine are open to a trade. The Knicks could be one of the suitors for the 28-year-old, but they shouldn't be.
- On Tuesday, the NBA suspended Draymond Green for five games and fined him nearly $770,000 for his actions in the Warriors-Timberwolves game. Klay Thompson, Jaden McDaniel, and Rudy Gobert were fined $25,000 each.
- Steph Curry had an MRI on his right knee and no structural damage was found. He'll miss Golden State's game against Oklahoma City on Thursday and will be re-evaluated later in the week.
- Former NBA players Glen 'Big Baby' Davis and Will Bynum were found guilty "for a scheme centered around the NBA Players' Health and Benefit Welfare plan."
The Knicks battle the lowly Wizards today and FanDuel Sportsbook is giving you a $150 bonus if New York wins! Bet at least $5 (with a $10 deposit) on the Knicks to win and you'll get an extra $150 in bonus bets if they do. Take advantage of the best odds boost around - sign up for FanDuel now!