There’s an elite club in the NBA made up of players like LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. No, the club isn’t limited to Lakers, but instead, players that played/or have played at least 20 seasons in the league. As of this season, LeBron is the only current player on the list.
A former New York Knicks guard who was a generational Sixth Man played 20 seasons and made history while doing so. Playing in the NBA is a huge accomplishment in itself, much less doing so for two decades.
How many NBA players have played 20 or more seasons?
- LeBron James (in season 21)
- Vince Carter (22 seasons)
- Kevin Garnett (21 seasons)
- Dirk Nowitzki (21 seasons)
- Robert Parish (21 seasons)
- Kevin Willis (21 seasons)
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (20 seasons)
- Kobe Bryant (20 seasons)
- Jamal Crawford (20 seasons)
- the most ever by a player who wasn’t an All-Star
- Udonis Haslem (20 seasons)
How many former Knicks players have played 20+ seasons?
Jamal Crawford, who was drafted in 2000 and retired in 2020, played in New York for four and a half seasons (2004 to 2008) before he was traded to Golden State.
How many seasons has each current Knick played?
- Jalen Brunson (season 6)
- Quentin Grimes (season 3)
- RJ Barrett (season 5)
- Julius Randle (season 10)
- Mitchell Robinson (season 6)
- Immanuel Quickley (season 4)
- Donte DiVincenzo (season 6)
- Josh Hart (season 7)
- Isaiah Hartenstein (season 6)
- Jericho Sims (season 3)
- Miles McBride (season 3)
- DaQuan Jeffries (season 5)
- Dylan Windler (season 5)
- Ryan Arcidiacono (season 8)
Which players have spent 10+ seasons with the Knicks?
Patrick Ewing (15) has played the most seasons for the Knicks. He was drafted No. 1 overall in 1985 and was in New York until 2000, when he was traded to Seattle.
Carl Braun played 12 seasons with New York, Charlie Ward played 10, Charles Oakley played 10, Clyde Frazier played 10, Bill Bradley played 10, Phil Jackson played 10, and Willis Reed played 10.