The New York Knicks’ first back-to-back road game of the season lands the team in New Orleans to take on Zion Williamson and the Pelicans. Williamson’s good to go entering 2023-24 after missing the second half of 2022-23 with a hamstring sprain.
Williamson did well in the Pelicans’ 111-104 win over the Grizzlies on Wednesday, scoring 23 points (9-of-17), seven rebounds, and three assists in 32 minutes. The question with Zion is always about whether he can stay healthy. In a stacked Western Conference, his injury status will be a huge factor for New Orleans throughout the season.
Zion Williamson status for tonight’s game against Knicks
Zion Williamson is listed as available for Saturday’s game against New York.
Zion Williamson injury history
- Oct. 2019: Right knee torn meniscus
- Feb. 2020: Minor ankle injury
- Aug. 2020: Right knee soreness
- March 2021: Minor toe injury
- March 2021: Sprained thumb
- May 2021: Fractured left ring finger
- Sept. 2021: Fractured right foot
- Oct. 2022: Hip contusion
- Nov. 2022: Right foot contusion
- Jan. 2023: Right hamstring sprain
The most games Williamson has played in a single season is 61 (2020-21). In the past two seasons, he’s played in only 29 games after missing the entire 2021-22 season with a foot injury.
Zion Williamson missed games by season
- 2019-20: Missed 48 games (shortened COVID season)
- 2020-21: Missed 11 games (shortened 72-game season)
- 2021-22: Missed all 82 games
- 2022-23: Missed 53 games
Projected starting lineups tonight
- Jalen Brunson
- Quentin Grimes
- RJ Barrett
- Julius Randle
- Mitchell Robinson
- CJ McCollum
- Brandon Ingram
- Herb Jones
- Zion Williamson
- Jonas Valanciunas
Knicks’ next five opponents
New York will play one more game on the road before returning to MSG for the team’s second back-to-back of the season.
Oct. 31 at Cleveland
Nov. 1 vs. Cleveland
Nov. 3 at Milwaukee
Nov. 6 vs. LA Clippers
Nov. 8 vs. San Antonio
Knicks injury report
There are no players listed on New York’s injury report.
Pelicans injury report
Jose Alvarado (ankle), Trey Murphy III (meniscus tear), and Naji Marshall (knee) are out for New Orleans.