The New York Knicks were one of the teams in Las Vegas to watch Harry Giles III work out earlier in the offseason. The 2017 first-round pick is making his return to the NBA after tearing his ACL in January 2022.
Chris Haynes reported on Friday morning that Giles agreed to a one-year, non-guaranteed deal with the Nets.
Giles averaged 5.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game in his first three seasons with the Kings (2018-20) and Trail Blazers (2020-21).
In Bleacher Report’s Top 100 Players of the 2023-24 season prediction, Jalen Brunson was ranked the highest at No. 36. Julius Randle came in at No. 55, RJ Barrett at No. 91, and Josh Hart narrowly made the cut at No. 99. Nikola Jokic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, Joel Embiid, and Jayson Tatum were ranked in the top five.
More Knicks news
- The United States beat Montenegro in their first game of the second round on Friday, 85-73. Jalen Brunson and Josh Hart recorded four points each. Team USA’s next game will be on Sunday against Lithuania at 8:40 a.m. ET.
- RJ Barrett shot 1-of-8 from the field as Brazil upset Canada on Friday, 69-65. Canada will play Spain on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. ET and the loser will be eliminated.
- Rokas Jokubaitis, the Knicks’ No. 34 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, scored a team-high 19 points (6-of-8) with six assists and three steals in Lithuania’s 92-74 win over Greece on Friday in the World Cup. Jokubaitis will go up against Jalen Brunson and Josh Hart on Sunday.
- Quentin Grimes had his high school jersey retired on Thursday in Texas, and members of the Knicks brass were present.
- Rachel Nichols said on Undisputed that James Harden’s trade request stemmed from believing he should be “leading the show.”
- Three-time NBA champion Javale McGee signed a one-year deal with the Kings after being released by the Mavericks earlier this week.
- NBA referee Eric Lewis announced his retirement on Wednesday, and as a result, the league ended its investigation into his social media activity.