We’re at the point in the NBA offseason where everyone analyzes social media bios. New York Knicks dream trade target Joel Embiid is the subject in this case.
James Harden made headlines at an Adidas event in China on Monday when he called Daryl Morey a “liar.” Soon after, Embiid deleted ‘Processing’ and his Philadelphia location from his X (formerly known as Twitter) bio. Although his name on X is Joel “Troel” Embiid, people began to speculate if he was also fed up with Morey.
However, on 97.5 FM The Fanatic, ESPN’s Ramona Shelbourne said that Embiid is “happy to be a Sixer” and thinks it was nothing more than the star center being a troll.
Embiid hasn’t commented on the matter, but his troll resume makes Shelbourne’s claim believable.
More Knicks news
- The 2022-23 NBA schedule will be released today at 3 p.m. ET. It’s already known that the Knicks will host the Bucks on Christmas Day.
- According to HoopsHype’s Michael Scotto, the Knicks plan to fully guarantee Jericho Sims’ $1.9 million salary for 2023-24.
- Jalen Brunson, Josh Hart, and Team USA will play their final two exhibition games on Aug. 18 and Aug. 20 in Abu Dhabi. RJ Barrett and Canada will play their last two contests in Spain on Aug. 17 and Aug. 18.
- Rockets beat writer Kelly Iko said on The Athletic’s NBA Show that he expects New York and Houston to be the top two teams vying for Joel Embiid if the star center requests a trade.
- On Tuesday, the NBA released the schedule for the first-ever In-Season Tournament. The tournament will start in early November and will conclude with the championship on Dec. 9.
- Kristaps Porzingis was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in his right foot and will spend four-to-six weeks rehabbing it. The former New York lottery pick is expected to be ready for Boston’s training camp.
- Aaron Gordon made the trek to Serbia to spend time with teammate Nikola Jokic at the horse racing track.