The New York Knicks faced a dilemma on Monday after it was reported that Dylan Windler was signing a two-way contract with the organization. Under the new CBA, each team can have three two-way players on the roster, and the Knicks had four.
Jaylen Martin signed a two-way after the 2023 NBA Draft. In the past week, New York signed Nathan Knight to a two-way and re-signed 2022 second-round pick Trevor Keels to a two-way. The Athletic’s Fred Katz reported that the Knicks “plan to waive” Keels after signing Windler.
On Wednesday, it was made official. Keels is New York’s lone draft pick from the past two years. As a rookie, the 19-year-old appeared in only three regular season games for the Knicks.
"“I am impatient to play again, excited to come back to this team, the atmosphere, our headquarters in Pau, the practices, fighting for a goal,” he said to L’Equipe. “This season, for the first time, I had no goal and it felt strange.“I want to live intense moments, feel like myself again. The French national team is important in my career.“This World Cup will be my launchpad.”"
More Knicks news
- Lance Stephenson told New York Post’s Tashara Jones that he wants to return to the NBA and play for the Knicks or the Nets.
- New York fell in at No. 13 on ESPN’s NBA Power Rankings, one spot behind Sacramento and one spot ahead of Dallas.
- James Harden was asked about Damian Lillard’s situation with the Trail Blazers in an interview with USA TODAY. Harden said he sees “both sides of it” because he’s been “through it” himself.
- The Hawks and Magic will play in The NBA Mexico City Game 2023 on Thursday, Nov. 9. It will be the first time Atlanta plays a game in Mexico.
- Here’s a list of the entire United States Select Team, which includes Quentin Grimes. The Select Team will be at training camp in Las Vegas with the FIBA World Cup roster.