Quentin Grimes will spend some time with Jalen Brunson and Josh Hart this summer as the New York Knicks guard was named to the USA Select Team. Grimes is one of several young NBA players that will get to practice and compete against the main roster ahead of the FIBA World Cup at training camp in Las Vegas.
Grimes joins Celtics’ Payton Pritchard, Pelicans’ Trey Murphy III, Timberwolves’ Naz Reid, Thunder’s Chet Holmgren and Jalen Williams, Pistons’ Cade Cunningham, Rockets’ Jalen Green, and Kings’ Keegan Murray. Select Team players are also eligible to travel with the World Cup team to the Philippines and serve as replacements if needed.
A former Knicks point guard agreed to a deal with a new team on Friday, but not an NBA team. European club AS Monaco announced that Walker would be joining the team on a one-year deal.
The 33-year-old appeared in only nine regular season games this past season for the Mavericks but was waived at the beginning of January, a little over a month after he signed with Dallas.
More Knicks news
- SNY’s Ian Begley reported on Friday that the Spurs are one of the teams that have expressed interest in Evan Fournier. Begley added that the Knicks are still against adding draft compensation to Fournier in a deal.
- New York re-signed 2022 second-round draft pick Trevor Keels to a two-way contract. Keels is the Knicks’ lone draft pick over the past two seasons. The 19-year-old recently participated in Summer League for New York.
- The Athletic’s Eric Koreen reported (subscription required) that the Raptors “are not seriously listening to offers for Anunoby right now.” The Knicks contacted the Raptors early on in the 2022-23 season to inquire about Anunoby. The 26-year-old wing recently chose CAA as his new representation.
- HoopsHype’s Michael Scotto reported that PJ Tucker “has come up in trade discussions between the 76ers and Clippers.” After opting into his $35.6 million player option for 2023-24 and requesting a trade, James Harden wants to go back home to Los Angeles to play for the Clippers.
- According to Yahoo Sports’ Jake Fischer, the G League showcase will be held in Orlando in December. The showcase has previously taken place in Las Vegas.
- ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that former Knicks guard Wesley Matthews agreed to join the Hawks on a one-year deal. The 36-year-old spent the past two seasons in Milwaukee.