Knicks News: New York waives center, signs rookie to two-way in minor roster move
Four days after signing Queens native Moses Brown to a two-way contract, the New York Knicks waived him and re-signed Trevor Keels to a two-way contract. This is the second time that Brown has been waived by a team this year. He appeared in 34 games for the Clippers this season before being waived on Feb. 23.
Brown will remain in Westchester for the time being. He posted 18 points, 17 rebounds, and two assists in his debut. The Knicks lost to the Santa Cruz Warriors, 114-108.
Keels was a free agent after New York didn’t sign him to a second contract after signing him to a 10-day contract a few weeks ago. Instead of risking their 2022 second-round pick signing elsewhere, the Knicks re-signed him to a two-way contract. He’s appeared in only two games for New York this season.
More Knicks news
- Former Knicks center Felton Spencer passed away on Sunday at the age of 55. He was the sixth pick in the 1990 NBA Draft and spent 12 seasons in the league. Two of those seasons were spent with the Knicks.
- Ahead of New York’s afternoon game in LA on Saturday, Tom Thibodeau said that Jalen Brunson underwent an X-ray on his left foot and it came back negative.
- The Knicks will face Cam Reddish for the first time since the New York-Portland trade on Tuesday night. It’ll be Josh Hart’s return to the Moda Center.
- According to HoopsHype’s Michael Scotto, New York reportedly was in the beginning stages of discussing a trade with Toronto before the deadline that involved Evan Fournier and three first-round picks going to the Raptors in exchange for OG Anunoby.
- Joel Embiid and Domantas Sabonis were named NBA Players of the Week.
- According to The Athletic’s Shams Charania (subscription required), the NBA and NBPA are working on establishing a new rule that players must play in a minimum number of games to be eligible for awards at the end of the season.
- According to ESPN’s Tim MacMahon, Ja Morant entered a counseling program in Florida. There is no timetable as to when he’ll return to the Grizzlies.