New York Knicks: Top five 2019 NBA Draft prospects after NCAA Tournament

Virginia De'Andre Hunter (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
Virginia De'Andre Hunter (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images) /
5 of 5
Duke Zion Williamson (Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images)
Duke Zion Williamson (Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images) /

1. Zion Williamson, Duke

Age: 19
Height, Weight: 6-foot-7, 285 pounds
Slash Line: .680/.338/.640
Season Averages: 22.6 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 2.1 APG, 2.1 SPG, 1.8 BPG, 0.7 3PM

The reigning, defending, undisputed top prospect of the 2019 NBA Draft, Zion Williamson stands tall. There was no question from October to November, the spring and into Duke’s early exit in the NCAA Tournament.

From Williamson’s return from a knee injury to the Blue Devils’ final game, he averaged 26.4 points on 67.2 percent shooting and 43.5 percent on three-pointers. The future No. 1 overall pick delivered amid all important games and was the driving force towards narrow wins over Virginia Tech and UCF and helped clinch the ACC Conference Tournament title.

Everything to say about Williamson’s NBA future has already been said. He possesses a unique but powerful frame that dominated college basketball and has the potential for the same at the next level. How does that play against LeBron James? What about Kawhi Leonard? How about any NBA frontline?

If the New York Knicks land the top pick, Williamson changes the franchise upon selection. This is the big name they have craved since Patrick Ewing‘s arrival in the 1985 NBA Draft — a player to reshape the look and appeal of a group that has sat at the league’s bottom more often than not.

25 greatest players in NYK history. dark. Next

There is a 14 percent chance of this happening and an 86 percent chance for anything else. Will the Knicks win the lottery and claim the player they need?