- Off Rtg: 99.5 (23rd of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 101.0 (11th of 30)
- PTS/G: 93.5 (18th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 94.9 (16th of 30)
- 5 games this season the squad has failed to score more than 85 points
- Best scoring day of the WEEK - SUNDAY at 104 pg. (6 Sunday games remaining in the season)
- Worst scoring day of the WEEK – SATURDAY 92 pg. (7 Saturday games remaining in the season)
- Three-Point Shooting 30% and ranked 24th overall
AMARE – is shooting slightly over 40% from the field and his shot attempts per game is down to 16 from 19 last season.
Carmelo- is shooting 41% from the field and averaging 3 turnovers per game.
Toney- has attempted the 3rd most shot attempts behind STAT and Melo with 151. He’s started only 7 games and is only averaging 23 minutes per game. That’s almost a shot attempt per minute. His 3 point game is horrible as well, 23% from downtown wont cut it in New York.
Fields- outside of last night’s loss to the Suns, Landry has been atrocious this season. His three-point shooting percentage seems unbelievable at just 18%. Fields corner 3 was a serious weapon last season, he made strides last night, and he will have to continue to improve if he wants to help the team moving forward.
Josh Harrellson, Mike Bibby, and Bill Walker- combine to average only 14 points per game, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists. Walker and Bibby are in the game to knock down 3’s, and that hasn’t been the case this season. Surprisingly JORTS has been the 3 point specialist of the bench. He’s 40% from deep.
Shumpert- I was hesitant to add him to this list because his stats don’t tell his story correctly this season, but here you go anyway. He’s averaging 13ppg at 12 shot attempt per game. He’s only averaging 2 free-throw attempts per game, with his athleticism he should be getting to line at much higher clip.
Daily Knicks peeps: which player/players need to step it up the most?
I will do a review of this report at the half-way point(Feb.20th) of the season to compare the differences.
Stats are courtesy of Basketball Reference.