It’s either rock bottom or yet another hopeful loss. It’s backbreaker or shining light. Last night’s game ended in such a destructive way, with Carmelo Anthony taking on the league’s best defensive team by himself (and holding the edge) before deferring to teammates who lost the ball game—it’s the first time you’ll hear more men than women ask, “He went to Jared?!?!?.” Hit the jump for more.* Leitch is on the side of pessimism.
* Times recap.
* D’Antoni squashes the “no Amar’e in crunch time of Game 1″ conspiracy theory.
* Lupica says Anthony had more talent by his side at Syracuse than last night’s fourth quarter. Possibly true, possibly incredibly insulting.
* With both Stoudemire and Billups questionable for Friday’s Game 3, do the Knicks stand a chance?
* Jeffries says he should’ve shot. That makes everyone feel so much better.
* Yet another positive to take away: The Knicks dominated the boards.
* Very cool live diary from Knickerblogger.
* Boston’s Bob Ryan gives his take on Game 2.